¡bienvenido!

Spencer Michael Henze served a 2 year, full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Oaxaca, Mexico (pronounced wa-ha-ka). This is the week-by-week account of his service. Elder Henze returned with honor March 21, 2012.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New change!

Hello!
so here´s the news. I´m gonna be here the same for another 6 weeks boys. that means that I´m basically gonna complete a year in the mission and have 2 areas and 4 comps. impressive right? sometimes it feels kinda imprisoning to have spent so much time in so few areas and to know that i´m not going to get a change for another month and a half. the good side though, is that I´ve got this area figured out pretty well now and we´ve got 10 possible baptisms lined up for this here change with plans and all. not just a lofty unrealistic goal yáll, we´re talkin probability. so we´ve got some exciting stuff on the horizon. should be legit.
not a whole lot of really exciting things have happened since last week so there's not much to write about. I destroyed some 18 year old chick in a debate about the ¨holy death¨ it was funny. I wasn't rude, but I think I rocked her ¨beliefs¨ a bit just using scriptures and such. lets see... ya, not a whole lot. this week was pretty sad actually. ever since Thursday literally ALL of our appointments fell through so we were pounding doors for 3 days straight. its ok though. we always get blessings later for that. its like a blessings bank. if you want blessings, you need to pray, fast, and knock doors. works every time.
we have been working extremely hard and have seen lots of cool things. I have been able to be an instrument in the lords hands and feel the spirit working through me more than ever. I´ve been working hard through lots of struggles including being pretty sick but I want you to know I have not missed 1 day of work since my first change due to being sick. its been extremely hard but I´ve been way blessed for my efforts. the mission is awesome and I´m super glad I am out here. the church is true. I come to know that more and more as I get to know my savior and as the spirit strengthens and teaches me every day. just wanted to share that with you. Also I am getting better at following the still small voice and just doing stuff when I feel prompted to do it instead of just brushing it off as a stupid thought that crossed my mind. for instance lots of little things have just been conveniently working out like bringing my flashlight when I feel I should, then having it come in very handy later, or a while ago I felt like I should put some pieces of chalk in a bag and carry them in my backpack just in case we needed some in district meeting or something like that. well we didn´t need them in district meeting, but yesterday in church the teacher ran out of chalk and there was no more in the building that wasn´t being used so I was like, ¨hey, I´ve got chalk!¨ and scored about 5 points with the members. it was cool. there´s been lots of other little things too that help life to be just that much easier. well, love you guys! you´re awesome! have a week filled awesomeness with magic. (watching harry potter might help).
here´s a random pic of us in the bus. we´re headed to Zone Conference. these are the other three missionaries that lived in the house with me last change.
love,
Elder Henze