¡bienvenido!

Spencer Michael Henze served a 2 year, full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Oaxaca, Mexico (pronounced wa-ha-ka). This is the week-by-week account of his service. Elder Henze returned with honor March 21, 2012.

Monday, October 3, 2011

New Assignment SON!!!

Hey!!!! how´s it going everyone???
haha man, I´m quite content right now. not gonna lie. reason number
one is that I'm officially done being companions with Elder
Fuenzalida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did my time and survived!! haha. after
his bus left the other elders that were there with me at the bus
station crowded around me and just started congratulating me and
patting me on the back and stuff. it was hilarious!!!
I´ll have to give you more details on some of the things he did this
week later when i´m back with you all. the biggest thing was that he
scammed me out of just a little more money the other day after elder
Enriquez joined the companionship so I called him out on it as he
tried to make it look like it was my fault and he stopped talking to
me for 2 full days. this was on Thursday. it was actually great
because I was able to teach our investigators with elder Enriquez who
teaches well and wants to teach, AND i was able to participate in a
large part of the teaching and baptizing of a 21 year old guy who´s
one of Elder Enriquez´ investigator. so it was almost like having a
baptism this past change!!!

Alright now for the other big news. Turns out I was taken out of my
area (yes after just 6 weeks) again and they put me 30 minutes west in
an area called Salina Cruz as ZONE LEADER!!!!!!! not just zone leader
but SR. ZONE LEADER!!!!!!! =O Not exactly sure why they gave me such
an assignment but i´m going to do my best to magnify it. I´m pretty
nervous to be honest. Today I had to oversee the changes for the whole
zone with only about a couple of hours to learn how to do that, learn
the areas in the zone, who was there, where they were going, and who
was coming and seeing to it that they got here. Luckily Elder Johnson
(the old ZL) took care of the most part of the people who were to
leave in the morning so I was able to get packed last night and sleep
for a few hours before coming out here. its been pretty intense.

aside from that in Cosijopí we found and were teaching a kid who is
going to get baptized next week. next week only because I was sure I
was going to be there to finish the teaching (like one lesson more)
and baptize him. oh well. so it wasn´t a completely dry change :)

well my friends and loved ones, the Lord is great. He has been
orchestrating a learning experience like none other for me here in
Oaxaca and I have learned and grown a ton thanks to his help. I know I
am being prepared for the rest of my life here and even though its
really hard at times i´m grateful for every one of the quickly passing
moments I´m given to be here.

oh ya CONFERENCE!!!!!
definitely a booyah. for sure. and guess what else? it was my last
conference in the mission! that means I´ll be back in time to watch
the next one with you all!!! :)

The church is true. never forget that!

-Love
Elder Spencer Henze