¡bienvenido!

Spencer Michael Henze served a 2 year, full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Oaxaca, Mexico (pronounced wa-ha-ka). This is the week-by-week account of his service. Elder Henze returned with honor March 21, 2012.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mi familia amada!
this week went pretty well all in all if I must say so myself! the
biggest news that I have right now is that the ward seems pretty
pumped up about the work right now! last Sunday after sacrament
meeting we started an activity called 10 missionary minutes after
sacrament meeting where we asked people to commit to doing things
like having a family night, accompanying us to a lesson, bring an
investigator to church, and all that. we received lots of support from
the ward and actually weren´t able to tackle all the work they had for
us in the whole week! so this week we´re going to keep going with
that. Also on Sunday we taught a new youth named Armando and he
accepted a baptismal date for the 8th of October! AWESOME!!!
Here´s the latest update on "Dealin´ With The Comp"
so ever since last change my comp has been wanting to do an activity
with the ward where he could basically planch (rail on) the members
about not doing their part and giving us references. The bishop has
been quite gracious in thinking of ways that he could do some sort of
activity in which we could mention the topic but clearly not wanting
to give the whole responsibility to Fuenzi for obvious reasons.
well, Fuenzi was able to convince the bishop to give us half of the
program time for this month´s activity we had planed to do whatever it
was that Fuenzi so desperately wanted to. I told him (Fuenzi) right
after that meeting that I needed him to take the lead on this one
because it was his thing and he had some kind of vision. I told him I
would help him wherever I could then backed off to see what he would
do with the responsibility. (The Activity was going to be for
Saturday). Thursday rolls around and i approach my companion with the
question, "Hey, so what ya got planned for the activity on Saturday?"
his reply was basically... nothing. he had two video clips that he
wanted to show them and that was the extent of what he´d come up with
in a whole week. he already had these clips in mind ever since he
begged the bishop to let him do his thing so basically all week he
did... nothing. I realized in that moment that he was unofficially
throwing the entire planning, coordinating, and the bringing to
reality of the activity on me.
To spare you the missions of details, basically thanks to Heavenly
Father´s help I was able to get it all put together with NO time to
spare. haha. but it all went really smoothly and the members seemed to
like the activity a lot. All the stress gave me a bit of a cold but
it´s almost gone now thanks to the infection fighter and vitamins mom
and dad sent me!! thanks!!

also, today we hiked up to two caves! it was pretty sick. hotter than
death but sick. in one of the attached pics it looks like i´m flexing
my forearm but thats straight up shine! or glisten of sweat. whatever
you want to call it.

well, thats all for today. I love you!!!!!

love,
Elder Spencer Henze