¡bienvenido!

Spencer Michael Henze served a 2 year, full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Oaxaca, Mexico (pronounced wa-ha-ka). This is the week-by-week account of his service. Elder Henze returned with honor March 21, 2012.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Comin up on 18


Hello mi familia amada!!!

this week was pretty good. I´m definitely looking forward to getting a
new comp but some good things happened this week. the biggest event I
want to mention first is that the assistants and the zone leaders came
to check our house and take some pictures and while they were there
they asked me how it was going with my comp knowing perfectly well how
he is, so I told them about some of the things that i have really been
struggling with lately with my comp. His attitude and lack of faith in
the work and area and well... the whole mission more than anything,
and the way in which that lack faith shows forth in everything we do.
So, the assistants had a chat with him. He acted rebellious with the
assistants so they had him talk to the president on the phone for about
20 minutes. I´m not sure exactly what the prez told him but afterwards
he went straight to bed and Sunday morning when I woke up at 6:25 I
looked over at his bed to see it made and him gone...
I then noticed that all the lights were off and that he wasn´t around.
I got a little freaked out and jumped out of bed to look for him
thinking he had taken off and done who knows what.
I left the room almost running and was about to shout "Fuenzi!!" but
then I saw him there at the bottom of the stairs in the dark just
standing there. I´m not sure if that brought me peace or freaked me
out even more haha but I was wide awake by the end of the experience
so i guess I should thank him for helping me to wake up so fast!
The ward is doing well. I got the Ward Mission Plan all formatted and
nice for the Bishop which has scored us some booyah points with him
and the leaders (the ones that actually show up to Ward Council) seem
pretty pumped about achieving the goals we set. If they work out this
ward will be able to divide shortly after Christmas!!! booyah.

Also, just want to share with you all that today was the most awesome
training meeting I´ve ever done!!! not bragging because it wasn´t
really anything I did. I think the district is starting to respect me
more and everyone (except my comp) participated a ton!!! I am very
content :D

Mom and Jam, Just wanted you to know that I GOT YOUR PACKAGE!!!!!! I
love everything!!!! the smell of those soaps is LEGIT!!!! the food was
DELICIOUS!!! and the essentials were NEEDED! thanks a lot :)

sounds like Dad´s got me covered with the heel spur problem! He gave
me some good exercise/stretch ideas and the orthotics i´m sure will
seal the deal. THANKS DAD!!!!!
alrighty guys, Keep being awesome! thanks for constantly writing me all
the way up until this point in my mission! I´m very lucky to have a
family (and friends) like you :)

with all my love
-Elder Spencer Henze