¡bienvenido!

Spencer Michael Henze served a 2 year, full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Oaxaca, Mexico (pronounced wa-ha-ka). This is the week-by-week account of his service. Elder Henze returned with honor March 21, 2012.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cosijopi


Saludos a Todos!
so we´re officially into week two here in my new area. and things are
going pretty well. My comp´s not nearly as difficult as I thought.
He´s actually a really nice guy. He does a lot of things that could be
potentially suuuuper irritating, but the lord has blessed me with a
ton of patience and it hasn´t been too bad. The best part about him is
that for one reason or another he respects me a ton. It´s pretty
awesome. He´s always building me up, giving me complements, and doing
little things to serve me (even if they´re at the wrong moment...). I
can´t complain though. I´m going to do the best I can to teach him all
I can and help him to become a great missionary.

this week started out a little slow to be honest. when I got to the
house it was disgustingly dirty. I can give you details some other
time but for now just believe me that it was not cool.
I got there and was like, "nooooo waaaay...!" so following the
president´s council that he gave us in the last conference, we put our
house in order first so that the home could be a place where the
spirit could be. ...This took us until Wednesday afternoon. Needless
to say the past week was not very pilas. Friday through Sunday were
pretty good days, but we´re still just getting going. Its way nice to
have a clean house though.

the house is pretty cool. Its 3 stories (but skinny) and has a kitchen
and some FURNITURE!!! by furniture I mean a wardrobe thing and a desk
but hey thats much more than i´ve had in the whole mission. The desk
is legit with drawers!!! i´m definitely enjoying it. I cleaned out the
drawers in the wardrobe thing and my clothes are officially in drawers
for the first time since the MTC boys. booyah.

so far from what I know of the members are pretty cool. there´s a
young married couple who really like us and have been inviting us over
all week and even came over to help clean the house on Wednesday
morning! their names are Diego and Noisy. haha yep. Noisy.

today it rained a ton. I was in the chapel waiting for the district to
show up for the district meeting but it was raining so hard that they
couldn´t come for over a half hour and lightning was hitting ground
like... 20 meters from the chapel so we decided to postpone for
tomorrow. I then while walking to the internet place got to walk
through water almost up to my knees! attached is a pic of the spot
right before the deepest part. its only up to my shins here but it got
worse. good thing I´ve got extra shoes!

well, the lord works in mysterious ways but he always knows what he´s
doing. I know I´m growing a lot from the challenges he´s blessed me
with even if I have a bad attitude and complain sometimes.

I love you!

love,
Elder Spencer Henze