¡bienvenido!

Spencer Michael Henze served a 2 year, full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Oaxaca, Mexico (pronounced wa-ha-ka). This is the week-by-week account of his service. Elder Henze returned with honor March 21, 2012.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Classroom Creeper Peepers

This took forever for me to type out from Spencer's hand-written letter because I couldn't stop laughing & shaking from all the laughing. He is hysterical! Enjoy :)

"So about 2 weeks ago, I got a genius idea. So our classrooms all have these peepholes that people can peer through and we have no idea. This is a disturbing thought to me that creepy fools could be watching me without me knowing since I'm in there all day. Not because I'm doing anything I wouldn't want others to know about, but I just don't like the thought of being watched by creepy peepers. So I took matters into my own hands. Also people peep into the rooms to look for things to steal. and since we have many luxuries we would be robbed like no other had I not done what I did. You're probably like "ok I get it freaking tell me already!" So here you go.
I went to a room that looked exactly identical to ours through the peephole and had all those normal chair/desk things and arranged them all neatly and boringly so it looked like the perfectly average room and took a picture from the spot of the peephole. I then had that picture printed. Size? 8x10. I then took that 8x10 picture of a perfectly average room and out of paper and tape made a contraption that would hold the picture just the right distance away in front of the peephole that when you look through the peephole, all you see is a perfectly average classroom with nobody in it. It works perfectly!
Our room has an especially large amount of people peepin' cuz the tutor sign up sheet for the entire 4th floor is located on our door. And what better thing is there to do when crowded around someone's door than to take a peek through their peephole? See what's goin' on ya know? So they do, and they get very confused when they see an empty room but hear us in there. They almost always open the door and poke their heads in to try to figure out whats going on and calm their minds about it. We probably, no joke, have 10-15 people a day just open our door, look inside, see us, then pull their head back out so fast they almost shut the door on themselves when we look over and say "Sup?" Its really funny. So there's today's story."

(pic of their actual classroom)