¡bienvenido!

Spencer Michael Henze served a 2 year, full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Oaxaca, Mexico (pronounced wa-ha-ka). This is the week-by-week account of his service. Elder Henze returned with honor March 21, 2012.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Se va a Mexico!

Looks like Spence is finally leaving the MTC! A couple days ago he told us that he heard a rumor that he might be reassigned to an area in Utah, but turns out his visa came through after all.

"so, sorry about this roller coaster of info. a lot of things have been happening the last couple days. so the latest news (which is confirmed and not just a rumor) is that I am not being reasigned! My visa came on tuesday and they are going to send me to the consolate office in Salt Lake either today, tomorrow, or early next week to sign papers, then a few days after that i'll be off to Mexico! Elder Hunt got his visa about a week ago and is leaving for Vera Cruz tomorrow. Elder Outsen got reassigned to ogden and is leaving today in 2 hours, Elder Ford got reassigned to Salt Lake City South and leaves tuesday, and I just got lucky and got my visa! pretty good news huh? i'm excited but pretty dang nervous. I still have a hard time understanding natives and i'm not excited to get sick and have crazy conditioin-D (diah) but it'll be cool to actually be in the field! anyways, thats the update. I'm finally almost done with the MTC after over 3 months! I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all a lot and hope to hear from you soon!"