¡bienvenido!

Spencer Michael Henze served a 2 year, full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Oaxaca, Mexico (pronounced wa-ha-ka). This is the week-by-week account of his service. Elder Henze returned with honor March 21, 2012.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teuantepec!

HI!
I want you all to know that i´m officially writing you from my new area called teuantepec (teh-juan-teh-peck). Its about 5 hours outside of the city in a place called Salina Cruz in the Itzmo. I´M IN THE ITZMO Y´ALL!!!! that means that i probably wont be going back to the city until I go home in March! I´m so happy to be here I can´t even tell you. The city's cool and all but this is where the real meat of the Oaxaca Mexico Mission is. This is where I will probably get to try iguana and armadillo and stuff like that.
Its super hot and humid here. but its not a heat that burns you. It just feels like you´re in a humid oven :) You sweat a lot out here.
The ride out here was awesome! sooooo pretty. I don´t even know how to describe it.
the house is tiny and has no running water or anything that I need to prepare food or study, but we´ll see about what the mission can hook us up with. The thing is that they just changed houses out here a week ago because they were living (4 elders) in a big house similar to how we did it in Antequera and when they all moved out the other elders stole the goods.
Even with the heat, the lack of goods, and everything, I´m still very happy to be here and out of the house of Ocotlan. yes the new one. I know last week I was all pumped up about it, but that soon went away once I realized the thing was literally haunted... I can tell you the details some other time but ya. It sufficeth me to say that I got to perform my first house Exorcism. And along with that erase a spray-painted satanic black magic symbol off the front of the house. Awesome.
So, poor Elder Martinez gets to deal with that now for at least another 6 weeks. I think its all good now though cuz the casting out I did seemed to work pretty well and the night afterward I slept great and nothing happened.
anyhoo, thats about all thats new here! Its going to be much harder to send so many pictures in my emails now because the internet here is ssslllllllloooooowwwwwwwwwww... but I´ll be happy to show them all to you when I get home in 8.5 months :)
ok well, I love you all! have a great week! later!
love,
Elder Spencer Henze