¡bienvenido!

Spencer Michael Henze served a 2 year, full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Oaxaca, Mexico (pronounced wa-ha-ka). This is the week-by-week account of his service. Elder Henze returned with honor March 21, 2012.

Friday, July 8, 2011

AMERICA!!!!

Hey!
good news! I´m doing much much better than last week :D probly just cuz its the 4TH OF JULY!!! BOOYAH!!! obviously nobody celebrates that holiday here but i do. Guess what we´re doing to celebrate?? well, today for lunch we made a PIZZA! well, it was like a papa murphy´s take and bake type deal but we BAKED that bad boy!!! and ate it. and the party´s not over y´all. we´re still gonna have a hamburger night.
the rest of the day we spent cleaning and arranging the new house. oh ya, I just said NEW HOUSE! Saturday we moved! we finally ditched that horrible tiny room I´ve been living in for over 4 months that didn´t have adequate stuff to live in mostly in the food making category and a terrible clothes washing area, and all the other lameness it had and we moved into a much bigger much more comfortable place! I am pretty sure the terrible living circumstances were contributing to my lack of enthusiasm.
Also, last Monday night after having cleaned the little room really well, I was rudely awakened to a slight tickling sensation on my cheek. As a natural reaction I swatted at the source. Upon doing such I realized what it was... A GIANT COCKROACH!!! I exited my bed with record speed, caught it, and gave it its merited death.
so anyways, we scored the deal with an investigator we have. actually its the owner of the ballin fancy house I sent pictures of in one of my last letters. they gave us this place for just $10 more a month and it has a kitchen!!!! yep, complete with counters, cupboards, sink, oven, gas stove, and everything! now we don´t have to stack our food on top of our mini fridge!! :D and threes places to put my books so i don´t have to study in bed anymore due to my desk being totally occupied by my crap! needless to say i am excited. even though last night at 3 am some moron was pounding on our door. scared the crap out of me.
also this week we found 7 new people to teach!!! like, legit finds too. they were so interested that 4 of them offered to pay for their copy of the Book of Mormon! Obviously we didn´t accept the money. but that's unheard of in this pueblo my friends! God has definitely helped us out a ton.
well i hope all is well! you all rock and I thank you a lot for all your support! It helps more than you know!

love,
Elder Spencer Henze